Over 14,000 Xarelto cases are filed in state courts and consolidated before U.S. District Judge Eldon Fallon in the Eastern District of Louisiana: MDL – 2592 Xarelto Products Liability Litigation | Eastern District, including, 1376 cases filed in the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas. The uber blockbuster drug has sold billions for developers, Johnson & Johnson, Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Bayer Corporation.The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued two black box warnings to alert of serious risks linked to Xarelto.
Xarelto is prescribed after knee and hip surgery to prevent blood clots and pulmonary embolisms, after DVT and PE formation to reduce the risk of further clot formation and in nonvalvular AFib to reduce the risk of strokes. However, there is no known antidote to the drug and plaintiffs allege other side effects include:
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding;
- Retinal Hemorrhages – bleeding in eyes;
- Pulmonary Embolism (PEs) clots in lungs;
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVTs) clots in legs;
- Epidural Hematoma (EDH) bleeding in brain;
- Intracranial Hemorrhages – bleeding in brain.
Bellwether Trials Scheduled
The Court reset the initial trials for the following dates and locations:
- April 24, 2017 (Boudreaux) – Eastern District of Louisiana, Defense Verdict
- May 30, 2017 (Orr) – Eastern District of Louisiana Defense Verdict
- To Be Set in June 2017 (Mingo) – Southern District of Mississippi
- To Be Set in July 2017 (Henry) – Northern District of Texas
Contact a Medical Legal Xarelto Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered from bleeding events, blood clots or other side effects while taking Xarelto, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Contact us for a free medical legal consultation at email@example.com, 1-800-814-4540 or fill out the “Do I Have a Case” contact form in the side bar.