Bard Hernia Mesh Litigation
Hernia mesh litigation involves mesh that has malfunctioned, causing painful complications requiring surgery to remove, revise or replace the mesh with additional treatment and medication. Serious complications include: Chronic Pain, Abscesses, Infections, Adhesions to the bowel; Bowel blockages, Perforation of organs and tissues, Fistulas, Mesh erosion, Mesh rupture; Mesh shrinkage; Mesh migration; Mesh contracture; Wound dehiscence (separation of tissues); Hernia recurrence (as a result of migration and/or contracture).
Plaintiffs must prove that the product was defectively designed and manufactured, then deceptively marketed to the medical providers, which resulted in injury or death to our clients. This requires expert analysis of medical records, scientific research and epidemiologic studies, internal confidential corporate documents. Your medical records are the best evidence of your injuries and we have experience in evaluating your damages and recovery based upon your own health records.
Types of Hernias
- Inguinal – occurs in the inner groin and is the most common.Femoral – occurs in the upper thigh/outer groin.
- Incisional – occurs through an incision or scar in the abdomen.Ventral – occurs in the general abdominal/ventral wall.
- Umbilical – occurs at the belly button.
- Hiatal – occurs inside the abdomen, along the upper stomach/diaphragm.Types of Hernia Repair
- Open hernia repair – incision is made near the hernia site and the hernia is repaired with mesh or by suturing the muscle without mesh.
- Laparoscopic hernia repair – hernia is repaired by mesh or sutures inserted through instruments.
Hernia Mesh Complications
- Chronic Pain,
- Abscesses, Infections,
- Adhesions to the bowel;
- Bowel blockages,
- Perforation of organs and tissues,
- Fistulas (holes or sinus tract),
- Erosion of the mesh,
- Hernia recurrence,
- Mesh migration and contracture;
- Hernia recurrence (as a result of migration and/or contracture);
- Mesh rupture and failure
Bard /Davol Mesh
CR Bard/Davol Mesh leads the hernia mesh market in the United States. MDL 2846 Davol, Inc./C.R. Bard, Inc. Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation was created and ordered before Chief Judge Edmund Sargus of Columbus, Ohio, as the transferee judge in the Bard Hernia Mesh MDL. TheBard/Davol mesh products we are currently investigating for acceptance criteria include:
- PerFix Plug:
- PerFix Light Plug
- 3DMax Mesh
- 3DMax Light Mesh
- Bard (Marlex) Mesh Dart
- Marlex (AKA Flat Mesh; Bard Mesh)
- Bard Mesh
- Kugel Hernia Patch
- Modified Kugel Hernia Patch
- Composix Kugel Hernia Patch
- Composix E/X
- Composix L/P
- Ventralex Hernia Patch
- Ventrio Patch
- Sepramesh IP
- Ventralex ST Patch
- Ventrio ST
- Ventralight ST
The plaintiffs argue the manufacturers knew or should have known about the risks of injuries, yet never warned patients and the medical professionals of the dangers. Despite the alarming rates of removal and revision surgeries, infections, adhesions, intestinal blockages, perforations, some of the mesh manufacturers refused to notify patients and doctors and warn of serious complications.
Do I Have A Case?
We need to review your medical records to determine your eligibility. There are statutes of limitation in each state, so contact us for a free case review before your time runs out. Each case is evaluated based upon the medical records, product liability and injuries that can be proved were caused by the product. Contact us at 1-800-814-4540 or email email@example.com for a free consultation.