Bard Hernia Mesh Litigation
Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
UPDATE 3/9/21: The first trial in the Bard/Davol Hernia Mesh MDL is scheduled to begin August 2, 2021. Case Management Order No. 23-E – Pretrial and Trial Scheduled for First Bellwether Case
Physiomesh Hernia Mesh MDL, Atrium C-Qur Hernia Mesh MDL and Proceed Surgical Mesh/Proceed Ventral Patch Litigation are also scheduled in 2021.
Hernia mesh litigation involves mesh that has malfunctioned, causing painful complications requiring surgery to remove, revise or replace the hernia mesh with additional treatment and medication. Serious complications include: Chronic Pain, Abscesses, Infections, Adhesions to the bowel; Bowel blockages, Perforation of organs and tissues, Fistulas, Hernia Mesh erosion, Hernia Mesh rupture; Hernia Mesh shrinkage; Hernia Mesh migration; Hernia Mesh contracture; Wound dehiscence (separation of tissues); Hernia recurrence (as a result of hernia mesh migration and/or contracture).
Plaintiffs must prove that the hernia mesh product was defectively designed and manufactured, then deceptively marketed to the medical providers, which resulted in injury or death to our clients. This requires expert analysis of medical records, scientific research and epidemiologic studies, internal confidential corporate documents. Your medical records are the best evidence of your injuries and we have exceptional experience in evaluating your damages and recovery based upon your own health records.
Types of Hernias
- Inguinal – occurs in the inner groin and is the most common.
- Femoral – occurs in the upper thigh/outer groin.
- Incisional – occurs through an incision or scar in the abdomen.Ventral – occurs in the general abdominal/ventral wall.
- Umbilical – occurs at the belly button.
- Hiatal – occurs inside the abdomen, along the upper stomach/diaphragm.
Types of Hernia Repair
- Open hernia repair – incision is made near the hernia site and the hernia is repaired with hernia mesh or by suturing the muscle without mesh.
- Laparoscopic hernia repair – hernia is repaired by hernia mesh or sutures inserted through instruments.
Hernia Mesh Complications
- Chronic Pain,
- Adhesions to the bowel;
- Bowel blockages,
- Perforation of organs and tissues,
- Fistulas (holes or sinus tract),
- Erosion of the mesh,
- Hernia recurrence,
- Mesh migration and contracture;
- Hernia recurrence (as a result of migration and/or contracture);
- Hernia Mesh rupture and failure
Bard /Davol Mesh
CR Bard/Davol Hernia Mesh leads the hernia mesh market in the United States. MDL 2846 Davol, Inc./C.R. Bard, Inc. Polypropylene Hernia Mesh Products Liability Litigation was created and ordered before Chief Judge Edmund Sargus of Columbus, Ohio, as the transferee judge in the Bard Hernia Mesh MDL. The Bard/Davol hernia mesh products we are currently investigating for acceptance criteria include:
- PerFix Plug hernia mesh;
- PerFix Light Plug hernia mesh;
- 3DMax Mesh hernia mesh;
- 3DMax Light hernia Mesh
- Bard (Marlex) Mesh Dart hernia mesh;
- Marlex (AKA Flat Mesh; Bard Mesh) hernia mesh;
- Bard Mesh hernia mesh;
- Sperma-Tex hernia mesh;
- Visilex hernia mesh;
- Kugel Hernia Patch hernia mesh;
- Modified Kugel Hernia Patch hernia mesh;
- Composix Kugel Hernia Patch hernia mesh;
- Composix hernia mesh;
- Composix E/X hernia mesh;
- Composix L/P hernia mesh;
- Ventralex Hernia Patch hernia mesh;
- Ventrio Patch hernia mesh;
- Sepramesh IP hernia mesh;
- Ventralex ST Patch hernia mesh;
- Ventrio ST hernia mesh;
- Ventralight ST hernia mesh
The plaintiffs argue the hernia mesh manufacturers knew or should have known about the risks of injuries, yet never warned patients and the medical professionals of the dangers. Despite the alarming rates of hernia mesh removal and revision surgeries, infections, adhesions, intestinal blockages, perforations, some of the mesh manufacturers refused to notify patients and doctors and warn of serious complications. The mesh products have not been recalled and are still on the market being implanted in patients.
Do I Have A Case?
We need to review your medical records to determine your eligibility. There are statutes of limitation in each state, and hospitals may destroy records after a time period. Contact us NOW for a free hernia mesh case review before your time runs out. Each case is evaluated based upon the medical records, product liability and injuries that can be proved were caused by the product. Contact us at 1-800-814-4540 or email email@example.com for a free consultation.