The most excruciating painful type of injury caused by numerous sources including scalding from chemicals, steams, heat, boiling liquid or fire. Disfigurement is overwhelming resulting in loss of use of the limbs and bodily functions. Recovery may take years with repetitive surgeries requiring skin graphs and the is complicated by scars, contractures, and rejection of the skin graphs.
According to the United States Fire Administration:
- Hot tap water scald burns cause more deaths and hospitalizations than any other liquid burn.
- The most common causes of defective product burn injuries are hair curlers, curling irons, room heaters, ovens and ranges, irons, gasoline, and fireworks.
- In the United States, fires kill 500 children each year
- In the United States, fires injure more than 40,000 children each year.
- In the year 2003 alone, about 83,300 children were treated for burn injuries in hospital emergency rooms.
- By 2004, less than 75% of all homes in the U.S. had a least one working smoke detector.
Our law firm specializes in burn injury accident cases. We hire fire safety experts to prove liability including retired fire fighters, engineers, and other safety professionals. With respect to a client’s injury, a burn injury can often be devastating. The stages of burn injury are:
If you suffered a burn injury you may be entitled to monetary compensation. Who was at fault for your injury? Burn injuries can occur anywhere – in buildings, motor vehicles, in the work place, and other areas where safety and utmost precaution are not utilized.
Our experience with burn victims can dramatically change the course of medical treatment and recovery if contacted early in the process. A team of emergency and plastic surgeons can hasten the dramatic recovery with the latest treatment techniques. Additionally, a psychological and social team is assembled to assist the burned victim and the family.
The damages due to a burn victim include the medical bills outlined by a long term life care planner accounting including:
- medical expenses,
- past and future,
- loss of past and future income and earning capacity,
- past and future pain and mental anguish;
- physical impairment,
- potential amputation,
- loss of consortium, and
- loss of services.
We can maximize compensation and give hope for the future and a fulfilling life after recovery from a burn injury.